Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the Tales of Germany Contest.
By Participating in this promotion, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to accept these Official Rules as specified herein below: This promotion starts on 7th Feb 2019, 12:00 PM IST (Indian Standard Time) and ends on 15th Mar 2019, Midnight IST (Indian Standard Time).
(a.) How to login and play the quiz:
Participants are invited to play #TalesOfGermany on to www.talesofgermany.com to participate, users have to ‘Click’ on Let’s go button and enter the contest.
- User have to pick the correct answer among the options provided for each question
- User should answer all 10 questions correctly to receive your score based on accuracy and time.
- After giving all the answers, User will have to register with their personal email ID and name to enter the sweepstakes and submit their entry.
- Users will automatically enter into the Grand Prize sweepstakes for a chance to win
By participating in this contest your name, email address would be saved with us for contest participation records, provided you have given consent for the same. This consent can be withdrawn by you at any given point of time in accordance with the GDPR – Data Protection policies.
To be eligible for the contest the registration of the member must be complete in all respects. All Citizens of India who are Residents of India are eligible to take part in this promotion. You must be 18 years or older to be eligible for this promotion. Entries received after the stipulated time will not be eligible for sweepstakes. Employees of Lufthansa German Airlines, German National Tourist Office, the Hotel partner, their affiliates, immediate families thereof, as well as employees of Lufthansa's advertising agencies are not eligible to participate. Lufthansa reserves the right to extend the promotion period from the stipulated date and time. No subscription to Lufthansa German Airlines or any purchase or payment of any fee is required for participating.
This prize cannot be clubbed with any other offer/gratification.
(c.) Grand Prize:
One lucky winner will fly away with two Economy Class return tickets to Germany to discover the enchanting Tales of Germany. The travel may be from any Lufthansa gateway in India.
The winner will be announced after the promotion is closed.
- Tickets will not be valid during trade fairs and special events.
- Blackout dates will be advised to the winner.
- Tickets cannot be clubbed with any other promotions.
(d.) Disclaimer (Grand Prize)
- All applicable taxes (as on the date of ticket issuance) and income tax etc. will have to be borne by the prize winner.
- The winner will have to give the cheque of the amount of applicable TDS along with the PAN number to Lufthansa to be deposited with the tax department.
- The exchange rate is applicable as on the date of transaction.
- The travel has to be completed before 31 October 2019.
- The travel has to be done between Monday – Thursday.
- Collection of miles is not possible on these tickets.
- All applicable taxes, gratuity or any incidental charges are not included in the prize and have to be borne by the winner.
- Subsequent to the verification of eligible entries, the winner will be decided on the basis of having completed the quiz in the shortest possible, with all answers correct.
- Winners will be notified via email and/or Facebook wall post.
- Prizes are non-transferable & no cash alternatives will be provided.
- Winners must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these official rules and winning are contingent upon fulfilling of all such requirements.
- The winner must accept the Prize as it is.
- All prizes not collected after the stipulated date will be forfeited.
- While these will be confirmed bookings, in case of overbooked flights, the boarding priority will be given to revenue passengers.
General Terms & Conditions
- Visuals shown are for illustrative purposes only.
- Lufthansa India and German National Tourist Board reserves the right to reject any entry which is incomplete, or has misleading or objectionable image/ image description or both. By entering the promotion, each participant agrees to the use, by Lufthansa and its partners, in any manner, for any purpose, at any time and in any medium, their name, photograph and/or likeness, without compensation.
- By entering into promotion, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Administrator shall be final. The promotion Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any participants should any of the promotion rules and regulations are breached or in case of dummy accounts. No correspondence shall be entertained. Each participant agrees to release the Administrator and the employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives of the Administrator, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the promotion or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Lufthansa India is not responsible for any actions taken by Facebook or Twitter in regard to the functioning of the application including but not limited to the application experiencing downtime, inability of users to access or play the game, loss of scores, registration or login details. Lufthansa and German National Tourist Board reserves the right to disqualify any participant or adjust any final scores awarded if they in breach of the Rules of the game, or if unfair play is suspected.
- Winner agrees that he/she shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Lufthansa German Airlines and their respective employees, agents, contractors, officers, directors, and members, from and against any and all third party claims, demands, causes of action, loss, liability, damage, cost (including settlement costs) and expense, arising out of, relating to, caused by, or resulting from:
- The breach or alleged breach by the winner of any the terms & conditions; or
- The negligent acts or omissions of winner; or;
- Breach of any representations, warranties and/or agreements by the participant;
- Any violation by the participant of any law, rule or regulation.
2. How We Use Personal Data
The protection of your personal data is very important to us and we want you to feel comfortable when visiting our site. Our biggest concern is the protection of your privacy when processing personal data and we monitor this very closely in any business operations.
Lufthansa uses the data we collect to provide you rich, interactive experiences. In particular, we use data to:
- Personalize content and send relevant offers
- For research analysis and surveys
- Advertise and market to you, which includes sending promotional communications, targeting advertising and presenting you relevant offers.
3. Storage of IP address
When you visit the campaign site, our web server automatically saves the IP-address of your Internet Service Provider, the website you are visiting us from, the web pages that you visit on our site and the date and duration of the visit. All the data is stored in the encrypted format.
4. Drawing and Notification
Winner will be selected from all unique and interesting bucket list entries. Result of the winner will be announced within 21 working days after the stipulated closing date of the Promotion draw.
No disputes/correspondence of any kind whatsoever will be entertained with respect to the selection of the winners. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that their profiles are updated and that their names and email id’s have been accurately submitted on the registration form. This is to allow the Promotion Administrator to verify the winners for collection of prizes.
Lufthansa and German National Tourist Board reserves the right to select the winner.
The Winners names would be published on the campaign site and/or Lufthansa India’s social handles and/or winners will be contacted personally. The Winner will have 14 working days to accept the prize and provide the passport copy and any other identification documents as requested by the promotion Administrator from the date results are posted online on the Promotion website www.facebook.com/lufthansaindia. The promotion Administrator will not be responsible for and will not be liable for any inaccurate or incorrect entry or information by the entrants, which results in any late, misdirected, lost, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. If a winner cannot be reached via the e-mail address and/or contact number provided on entry form or does not reply/acknowledge the email within (10) working days from Promotion Administrator's first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing.
Images used on the campaign site are for representational purpose only.
The information contained in the site is only for the purpose of this contest. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the contents of this game. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Entrants agree that Promotion/Promotion Administrator shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of prize(s), participation in Promotion, or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network and/or transmission line, or unavailable network server, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability of cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors or problems of any kind whether technical, mechanical, electronic, network, printing, typographical, computer, computer on-line system, computer equipment, hardware, software, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, mutilated, delayed, corrupted, mechanically duplicated, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Entrants also agree that Promotion Administrator is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer related to or resulting from Promotion and its prizes. The Promotion Administrator is not liable for damage to a user's computer system in any way due to an entrant's participation in the Promotion or downloading any information in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation any server failure, lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Prizes, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the sweepstakes, the processing of the entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any sweepstakes-related materials.
The Promotion Administrator reserves the right to modify or cancel the promotion in the event that it becomes technically corrupted.
If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Promotion administrator, that corrupts, impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, the administrator reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend the Promotion and/or prizes. Administrator further reserves the right to disqualify, from this Promotion and future Promotions of the Administrator, any individual who tampers with or in any way corrupts the entry process. Administrator may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in Administrator's sole discretion, Administrator determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Administrator’s representatives.
6. Privacy Statement
Lufthansa respects your privacy.
We process personal data that was collected during visits to our website in adherence to German law. Moreover, our privacy statement is in alignment with working guidelines for the protection of data applicable for Lufthansa.
By Participating, you give consent to the usage of your data, for the purpose as described in 1. Contest. For further information and your Data Protection Rights, you can view our Privacy Statement. Our websites may contain links to other suppliers to which our privacy statement does not apply. For our privacy statement please refer to the link below.
Links to third party sites: The Web sites may contain links to other web sites (“linked sites”). The linked sites are not under the control of Lufthansa and Lufthansa is not responsible for the contents of any Linked site, including without limitation to any link contained in a Linked site, or any changes or updates to a linked site. These links are only for convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Lufthansa of the site or any association with its operators.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKE IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADMINISTRATOR AND ITS DESIGNEES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.